Actability Inclusive Theatre Company
Actability began life in 2005 as a small group of learning disabled performers creating touring theatre and workshops in schools. Since that time the company has worked with over 10000 people of all ages and has toured new and innovative inclusive,participatory theatre pieces to schools and theatres in the East of England and beyond.
Since starting out we have produced more than 40 separate projects in schools , theatres and day centres. We have taken our projects to Norfolk, Suffolk, Herts , Essex , London and Ruse in Bulgaria.
Our Current projects are 1) Dramaquarium , a touring version of the Odyssey involving young people with profound and multiple disability working in a hydrotherapy pool
2) Treetales, our new touring show for children based on stories about trees from different cultures.
3) Anti - Bullying Initiative. A new project working with primary schools .
4) Inclusion Drama Project. Working with integrated groups in schools to promote positive images of people with learning disabilities.
5) Intervention Project. Working with children who need to boost self esteem and confidence in schools.
6) 101 Memories . An Intergenerational project working with older people and primary school children to create a show based on memories and music.
7) Negotiations , a short piece about the lives, hopes and fears of learning disabled people devised and performed by learning disabled people
Please see our About us page for more detail about these projects
We are currently building this website to show and tell you what we have done and what we are doing now.
Please stay with us while we do this and if you have a project in mind please get in touch!